PLA, 1.75mm, 750g spool
Superior heat break performance
Increased structural rigidity
Larger temperature operating range
Modular/adaptable to almost any FFF/FDM printer
Ideal for multi-extrusion systems
Seasoned hobbyists, innovators, and creators take it in stride when they’re struck with a vision of what they could build. Especially when they know that with the Mosquito hotend, their 3D printer can deliver the highest resolution and take on engineering-grade plastics that other desktop printers can’t come close to. With minimal layer lines and extreme precision, your vision is about to become reality. A beautiful reality.
By engineering-grade plastics, we’re talking printing at temperatures up to 450°c. That means you can print car parts, medical devices, and whatever else you can dream up, and you don’t have to buy an over-sized (and overpriced) printer to do the job.
How did we accomplish this?
By re-imagining how a hotend is designed and structured from the ground up. The materials in each part of the Mosquito have been hand selected to perform a specific task to optimize your printer’s performance with three goals in mind: lightning speed, beautiful resolution, and increased durability.
The Mosquito is adaptable to virtually any printer, so by swapping one component, you gain the high performance benefits of a printer worth thousands more. Since the Mosquito (designed for beauty) and Mosquito Magnum (designed for speed) are the same length, any combination of these hotends can be mounted to one carriage. So you can switch between high-flow and high-precision in the same print.
Oh yeah, and you can change the nozzle with one hand.
Are you ready to see your vision fully realized?
Mosquito is only available for 1.75 mm filament at this time.
- The heat break conducts 85% less heat into the heat sink than a typical threaded heat break.
- Allows for hotend to be mounted with a printed, plastic adapter, without raising safety concerns.
- Composite construction of the heat break allows for the use of materials optimized for heat transfer in each section of the heat break.
- Reduced heat transmission removes the need for a large heat sink.
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break reduces the likelihood of jamming.
- High tolerances along the filament path allow for better transmission of fine motor movements, resulting in beautiful, higher resolution prints.
- The heat break has been separated from the structural components of the hotend, allowing for a heat break that is not load bearing, and can be very thin walled. This allows for a reliable, rigid exterior structure.
- No components are prone to loosening at the mounting points.
- Nozzles can be changed with one hand (one tool), without grasping the hot block.
- In the case of a severe crash, an entirely new hotend is not necessary, parts can be easily swapped out.
- Specially-engineered high temperature copper alloy in the hot block will not soften at high temperatures in excess of 550C.
- Threads in the hot block will not deform at high temps, allowing removal of nozzles even after multiple high temp heat cycles.
- Nickel plating on the hot block reduces radiative heat loss and prevents galling of threads.
- Compact, flat, ambidextrous form factor.
- 5 different hole mounting patterns to allow for adaptation to virtually any printer.
- Printable adapters can be created to diversify mounting options.
- The Mosquito’s tiny form factor makes it ideal for multi extrusion systems. Since the Mosquito (designed for precision) and Mosquito Magnum (designed for flow) are the same length, any combination of these hotends can be mounted to one carriage. So a typical multi-extrusion system equipped with Mosquito(s) and Mosquito Magnum(s) can switch between high-flow and high-precision extrusion in the same print. In the blink of an eye. With one-handed nozzle changes.
- Small form factor and light mass allows for back-to-back mounting with small (14 mm) nozzle-nozzle distance.
- Small mass allows for rapid motion of the carriage.
16 other products in the same category:
Filament sensor for MK2.5 and MK3
LDO Pancake Extruder Motor
17 tooth gear in steel with M3x3 setscrew used in our BMG, Single and Dualdirect extruders
Stainless, magentic Flexplate (254mm x 241mm)
Full kit of high quality stepper motors Zaribo 220 or stock Prusa MK2(S), MK3. All motors by LDO.
LMU10 Linear Bearings by Misumi
GATES PowerGrip® GT3 1830-2MGT3-6
0.8 kg Spool
crimped cables 60cm, 2 pairs (black and red)
Replacement hot block for the standard Mosquito™ or Mosquito Magnum™ hotends from Slice Engineering
Pluggable terminal block. 15A, 30...12AWG
45cm cable for the heatbed
TwinClad XT coated nozzle